Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Lately and Oliver is 11 Months

So, it's March already. Last year at this time things were moving much more slowly as we were waiting for our little person to show up. I can't believe he'll be one next month. And I'll be 30. I'm not sure which one breaks my heart more ;)

We have a lot going on around here these days. We will be moving into our new house (hopefully) in May or early summer. I'm trying to get our condo organized and ready because we need to sell it soon. The hockey season is winding down. Pete will be at work everyday until March 15th... the last home game of the regular season. The Giants didn't make the playoffs- but that's ok, it'll be nice to have him working normal M-F 9-5 hours until August/September when it starts all over again.

Ollie is a busy little bee these days. The only time he stops moving is when he's sleeping. He will hardly drink a bottle without simultaneously doing something else as well. He's more of a swig and go kind of guy. He does a pretty good job sitting in his high chair and eating along side us... usually watching 'Gangnam Style' or a video of Disney's Tiki Room on YouTube. He'll be working those iPads better than us before we know it. Everything else with the little guy is pretty much status quo- in a good way. My favorite new thing is that he is so affectionate lately. Ollie has always loved to be held and carried around, but now he is actually snuggling up to us and hugging and kissing us on purpose. It's so cute. He loves exploring and taking in new things. He still knows what he wants and is extremely stubborn/vocal/determined to get his way.

Oliver has the 8 teeth he's had since he was 8 months. He has been a bit grouchy lately and his gums look quite puffy and red in the back but nothing new has popped through yet. Sleeping has seemed to reach a new level of greatness (knock on wood). It was pretty good since about 6 months, but I feel like now I can usually count on sleeping through the night about 90-95% of the time even when his schedule gets thrown off. When he wakes up at night, it's generally a quick fix with a bottle then he's back out again. He pretty much sleeps from 7:30pm to 7:00am. Even his naps have improved, but I think the days of his morning nap are almost behind us. Waaaaaaaa! :(

Otherwise we are just looking forward to warmer weather, our new house and April birthdays. Things are good and I certainly can't complain!

No comments:

Post a Comment