We noticed some big big changes in Ollie as he went from 4 months old to 5 months, and it has been so much fun. He is so so close to rolling from his back to his tummy and I wish he would just do it because I can tell he wants to and he seems to be practicing all the time. He has perfect head control, he can reach for things and actually put them in his mouth and keep them there (and anything he can get his hands on, goes in his mouth of course). He can hold his own bottle pretty well and I can tell he just loves having these new abilities. Ollie has laughed a couple more times, but he still doesn't do it consistently and he squeals and grins more than he actually giggles. He is really entertained by his toys nowadays too, which is fun... but when we are at home he still rarely lets me put him down on his play mat or in his chair when he knows I could be holding him. It sort of drives me crazy. He hated his Moby wrap when he was really small, but I've slowly been getting him to adapt to his Ergo carrier and he's lasting up to about 20 minutes at a time in there without throwing a fit. Huge improvement from the kid who used to go stiff as a board and shriek as soon as I got him clipped in.
For the past couple of months it really seems like he has been teething like crazy. Nothing had surfaced but he was always chomping on something and drooling constantly. On his 5 month birthday, we noticed a teeny tiny bit of tooth peeking through his gums on the bottom left. Hopefully it brings him a little bit of relief. We also just started to slowly introduce solids and he LOVES it. I've noticed that he seems to practice the chewing motion throughout the day and it's so funny. However, he still doesn't sleep much at night and naps are a total battle. Solids really didn't help him sleep better at all.
He starts swim class on Monday and I started a "stroller fitness" class on Wednesday. I really liked it and there are a couple of baby boys around the same age as Ollie. I'm hoping to get him signed up for a music class as well starting in October.
His favorite things list continues to grow. At 5 months Ollie's favorite things are:
1) Mom and Dad (but especially Mom)
2) Chewing (especially his toes)
3) Eating new foods and holding his bottle
4) Being out in public and flirting with girls from his stroller
5) Tubby Time
6) Holding his baby radio and pressing the button to make the music go (and chewing that too of course)
7) Practicing standing while being held on our laps
8) Music and being sung to
I don't know why he doesn't like to smile his usual big grin for these photos, but here's his 5 month shot:
| September 3, 2012 |


No comments:
Post a Comment