The Gili Islands may have been the highlight of our trip. We hung out with a lot of fun people and stuffed ourselves on several delicious meals. I also had the best coconut gelato of my life and a few pretty memorable mango smoothies. Bintang became a staple in our diet as well :)
Returning to Bali from the Gilis was also very memorable. You think I would have learned my lesson in Tanzania about ferry crossings.... but I didn't. No one ever got seasick, I just simply feared for my life. The boat ride on the way there was extremely smooth and relatively comfortable (if not a little warm). However on the way home, the seas were rough and there were 66 people in the cabin of the boat who's windows did not fully open. There were FIVE 300 horse power engines on the back, and luckily I was seated next to lots of life jackets. The driver just kept speeding through big swells and the not so large boat got tossed around quite a bit. As I panicked the crew looked calm... bored actually... so I suppose it was fine considering they do this everyday. But next time, I think I'll fly. Or take a bigger boat.


No comments:
Post a Comment